Are you looking to give your resume a professional lift?
Look no further, you have landed on the right page! Trust us, follow the steps explained about Google Docs in this post and in no time your resume will be in your hands. And this final resume isn’t just a normal resume, this is the winning resume you were looking for, the one which will help you get your dream job.
Yes, you read it right, using Google Docs, we will be creating a professional resume today. This is a guided blog post which will take you from start to the end. Your final resume will be visually appealing, structurally formatted to the standards and will catch the attention of your prospective employers or the human resource HR.
Using Google Docs for building your resume has several advantages. Some plus points for using Google Docs for creating your resume listed below:
- universally accessible from any devices or places, as it is automatically synced over the cloud
- it is free to use and modify!
- wide range of compatibility of popular platforms like MS Office, Libre Office
- diverse import and export features that meet your every need
- easy collaboration and file sharing
- secured, time saving and efficient!
So what actually is Google Docs?
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format documents and work with other people.
It offers alternatives to almost all office applications:
|MS Word||Google Docs|
|MS PowerPoint||Google Slides|
|MS Excel||Google Sheets|
|MS Teams||Google Meet/ Hangout|
|MS Forms||Google Forms|
You can find more about Google Docs at support.google.com/docs/
Let’s dive into creating your resume with Google Docs.
- First head to docs.google.com, and sign in with your Google account, if you don’t have Google/ Gmail account already, just tap on create a new account.
- you’ll see a welcome page as shown below:
- You can tap on + to start creating your document from scratch but we’ll be saving time by using the professional-looking free to use templates.
- Tap on Template Gallery and it will list all the available Google Docs template
- As you can see, there are multiple resume/ CV templates available which you can choose
- You can choose any template for your resume as your prefer, we’ll go with the first resume template here
- Now, you can modify the contents on this word document by tapping on the section you want to change
- replace contents with your details like name, skills, experience and more.
- once you are finished editing the documents there are several ways to share the content or download it
- you can also rename the file name by tapping on top left corner and entering your preferred document title
- If you tap on the File in the menu you see different options available, like printing, sharing and more
- Choose Download to download your resume in different formats like .docs, or pdf
- You can also directly send the resume from Share button to desired email, make sure the privacy settings are set to view only.
And this is it! By now, you have a good looking professional resume created with Google Docs.